PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The Pittsburgh International Race Complex plans a “Virtual Auto Show” plus IMSA reschedules Mid-Ohio and a couple of other races and Roush Fenway Racing’s Ryan Newman spends his day with his daughters.
Pitt Race Plans “Virtual Auto Show”:
- The Pittsburgh International Race Complex is planning a “virtual auto show” for Thursday, March 27th. Competitors are encouraged to submit a photo of your Car, Kart or Motorcycle and everyone can follow along on the Pitt Race Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages on social media.
IMSA Reschedules Mid-Ohio and 2-other Races:
- The International Motor Sports Association has rescheduled three races, including the Acura Sports Car Grand Prix at Mid-Ohio. The Mid-Ohio weekend moves to the weekend of September 25-27, 2020. The IMSA Monterey SportsCar Championship at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca moves to the weekend of September 11-13, 2020 and the 23rd annual Motul Petit Le Mans at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta moves to October 14-17, 2020. For more information click here.
Ryan Newman Spends Day With Daughters:
- Roush Fenway Racing’s Ryan Newman continues to recover from injures sustained in a last lap accident at the Daytona 500. Newman tweeted out a couple of pictures today of his building a model car of the No. 9 Coors Thunderbird that was driven and made famous by Bill Elliott.
Today’s project. Let’s hope I don’t have to separate fingers later!!!! pic.twitter.com/fSGZnNU97h
— Ryan Newman (@RyanJNewman) March 24, 2020
We are gonna miss first practice. pic.twitter.com/SFvizCSzRE
— Ryan Newman (@RyanJNewman) March 24, 2020
Racing Notebook – Thursday, April 9: Dale Jr. To Drive In INDYCAR iRacing Challenge; World of Outlaws Cancels Brushcreek Event
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Dale Earnhardt Jr. is going to be racing this weekend in the INDYCAR iRacing Challenge plus the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models Series is forced to cancel another event due to COVID19.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Is Going INDYCAR Racing:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. asked for, and received, an invitation to this Saturday’s INDYCAR iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway. Earnhardt Jr. will be joining the IndyCar Series regulars along with Seven-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson, who competed in the last event at virtual Barber Motorsports Park. Earnhardt Jr. will be carrying a familiar sponsor along for the ride:
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) April 8, 2020
World of Outlaws Late Models Put Brakes on Kentucky/Ohio Weekend:
- The World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series is putting the brakes on their Kentucky/Ohio Weekend due to COVID-19. The event at Richmond Raceway in Kentucky, originally scheduled for Friday, April 24, is being postponed in an effort to potentially find a new date once the COVID-19 outlook becomes more clear. The race at Brushcreek Motorsports Complex set for Saturday, April 25, has been canceled. Brushcreek staff will refund tickets purchased. Fans can call the track at 937-544-3344 and visit the track’s website, www.brushcreekmotorsports.com.
Docuseries To Feature Ross Chastain:
- Chip Ganassi Racing development driver Ross Chastain is the subject of a new docuseries. Nutrien Ag Solutions announced today the premier episode launch of “Two-Track Mind,” an online docuseries featuring NASCAR’s busiest driver, Ross Chastain. The documentary, which premiered on NASCAR’s YouTube channel, navigates Chastain’s journey as an eighth-generation watermelon farmer and professional NASCAR driver. This series captures the passions, emotions, successes and hardships that Chastain endures in the field and at the track.
Racing Notebook – Wednesday, April 8: NASCAR Hall of Fame nominees plus the World of Outlaws are going iRacing tonight
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Wednesday’s Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has details on the nominees for the NASCAR Hall of Fame, plus the World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink goes iRacing tonight.
NASCAR Announces Hall of Fame Nominees:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. is among ten nominees on the “modern day ballot” for the NASCAR Hall of Fame. The ballot also includes Neil Bonnett, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards, Harry Gant, Harry Hyde, Larry Phillips, Ricky Rudd, Kirk Shelmerdine and Mike Stefanik. The “Pioneer Ballot” includes “Suitcase” Jake Elder, Red Farmer, Banjo Matthews, Hershel McGriff and Ralph Moody. The “Landmark Award” nominees include Janet Guthrie, Alvin Hawkins, Mike Helton, Pocono Raceway founder Dr. Joseph Mattioli and Ralph Seagraves. The NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2021 will consist of two inductees from the list of Modern Era nominees, and one from the list of Pioneer nominees – for a total of three new inductees in 2021.
World of Outlaws Sprint Cars Go iRacing Tonight:
- The World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series goes iRacing tonight on FS1. The list of participants include several Sprint Car standouts like defending champion Brad Sweet, Logan Schuchart, David Gravel, Carson Macedo and Kyle Larson along with non-Sprint car drivers Juan Pablo Montoya, Ron Capps and Bubba Wallace. Tune into FS1 tonight at 8 pm ET for all the action from virtual Knoxville Raceway.
— World of Outlaws (@WorldofOutlaws) April 8, 2020
Racing Notebook – Monday, April 6: William Byron wins eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational plus Detroit Grand Prix Canceled and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The Detroit Grand Prix has been canceled due to the coronavirus plus William Byron wins the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational at Bristol and the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models iRacing invitational takes place tonight.
The Detroit Grand Prix Is Canceled:
- The Detroit Grand Prix, scheduled for May 29-30, has been canceled due to the coronavirus. Event organizers hoped to reschedule the event on Belle Isle to later in the fall but were unable to do so because of the amount of events scheduled on the island. The Detroit cancellation forced INDYCAR to revise their 2020 schedule. For our complete coverage click here.
William Byron Wins eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational At Bristol:
- Hendrick Motorsports William Byron took home the victory in the eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational on Sunday at virtual Bristol Motor Speedway. The driver of the No. 24 Axalta Chevrolet dominated in the virtual racing series that is following the NASCAR Cup Series schedule that has been paused due the COVID-19 pandemic. But this time, Byron was able to pull away from John Hunter Nemechek and Matt DiBenedetto during a restart with four laps to go and drive away with the win after leading 116 laps in the race.
The World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models Go iRacing Tonight:
- The World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models iRacing Invitational takes place Monday night at 7:00PM Eastern from virtual Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa. Tonight’s event is included in DIRTVision subscribers “Fast Pass” and is $9.99 for Pay-per-view.
— World of Outlaws Late Models (@WoOLateModels) April 6, 2020