PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has your starting lineup for the NASCAR Cup Series race at Daytona plus practice starts for the Indy 500, a NASCAR team gets a penalty rescinded, sponsor news for Bubba Wallace, Ryan Newman and Hendrick Motorsports. SRX Racing makes another driver announcement.
Harvick Draws Daytona Pole Position:
- NASCAR Cup Series Championship points leader Kevin Harvick has drawn the pole position for Sunday’s first-ever Cup Series race on the road course at Daytona International Speedway. Harvick was awarded the pole position using NASCAR’s new “performance matrix”, which takes into account finishing position from the previous race (weighted 50%), ranking in team owner points (35%) and the fastest lap from the previous race (15%). Daytona Starting Lineup
Indy 500 Practice Begins:
- Practice for the 104th running of the Indianapolis 500 is underway at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. PNC Bank Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon posted the fastest lap in the first practice session, which was for veteran racers only. The Andretti Autosport duo of James Hinchcliffe and Marco Andretti were quickest in the second practice session. Indy 500 Day 1 Practice Speeds
Corvette Stingray To Pace Indy 500:
- The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray will lead the field of 33 to the green flag as the Official Pace Car for the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge. The Torch Red Stingray coupe will be driven by General Motors President Mark Reuss, who crashed a Corvette as he was pacing the field at the Detroit Grand Prix in 2018.
Alex Labbe and DGM Racing Penalty Overturned:
- The National Motorsports Appeals Panel overturned a penalty against NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Alex Labbe and the DGM Racing Team. Gosselin was fined $50,000 and docked 75 owner points and Labbe was docked 75 driver points by NASCAR for a “violation of testing policy” after they ran an SCCA GT-1 race a few weekends ago Daytona International Speedway. It was noted in the statement from the panel that, “the Appellants did not violate the Rule(s) set forth in the Penalty Notice as it was written.”
Bubba Wallace Teams Up With Columbia Sportswear:
- Columbia Sportswear has signed NASCAR Cup Series driver Bubba Wallace as a brand ambassador. In the multi-year deal Columbia will also serve as the primary sponsor on Wallace’s No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports on August 23 at Dover International Raceway. The partnership is the first NASCAR driver and team sponsorship for Columbia.
Hendrick Motorsports Gets Sponsorship From Acronis:
- Data security provider Acronis is teaming up with Hendrick Motorsports in a sponsorship and technology partnership. Acronis will be the Official Protection Partner for Hendrick and will also be the primary sponsor of Alex Bowman’s No. 88 Chevrolet for three races. Acronis will be prominently featured on the No. 88 later this month at Dover International Speedway and the playoff race at Texas Motor Speedway.
Guaranteed Rate Expands Partnership of RFR:
- Guaranteed Rate, a retail mortgage lender, has signed a 12-race sponsorship agreement with Roush Fenway Racing for Ryan Newman’s Ford Mustang. Guaranteed Rate first appeared on the No. 6 Ford two weeks ago in New Hampshire and will return to Newman’s car for 11 of the season’s final 14 races.
Superstar Racing Experience Adds Another Driver:
- Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham’s Superstar Racing Experience is adding another driver to their series. SRX made the announcement today via their Twitter page:
— SRXracing (@SRXracing) August 12, 2020
Chip Ganassi Racing unveils Alex Palou’s No. 10 DHL Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing unveiled the livery for two-time and reigning NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Alex Palou’s DHL Honda on Tuesday. DHL signed on as the primary sponsor this off-season in a multi-year partnership with the team.
The No. 10 car will carry the familiar yellow of DHL’s branding but adds a splash of red that has been synonymous with the Ganassi team for decades.
“As everybody can see, this is quite the amazing livery,” said Palou. “The No. 10 DHL Honda looks very aggressive, and it will certainly stand out on the track, which is great. I can’t wait to start the season with a run in this livery at Sebring before we kick things off in St. Pete. It’s looking like the perfect livery to try to defend our title in 2024 and I cannot wait to deliver on-track here soon.”
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding takes place March 8-10 on the streets of St. Pete.
DHL joining Chip Ganassi Racing as primary sponsor for No. 10 Honda and Alex Palou
INDIANAPOLIS, IN and PLANTATION, FL (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing and DHL Express are teaming up in a new multi-year partnership that will see DHL become the official logistics partner of the 15-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champions and the primary sponsor of two-time and reigning Series Champion Alex Palou and the No. 10 Honda team.
“I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. Together, we are committed to embodying those values both on and off the racetrack. I am looking forward to Alex and the No. 10 team defending their 2023 title with DHL on board. The road ahead holds great promise and potential, and I can’t wait to get started.”
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry and one of the most international companies, with about 395,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing, an organization that has a rich history of success, deeply rooted in principles shared by DHL, such as a commitment to supporting the communities we call home, and the relentless pursuit of excellence by investing in our people who embody speed, passion, and dedication,” said Mike Parra, CEO of DHL Express Americas and Head of Global Sponsorships. “As we sponsor this winning motorsports team with Alex Palou behind the wheel, we look forward to many winning moments both on and off the track in the months and years to come.”
“It’s super exciting to announce our new partnership with DHL, a global leader in logistics. Representing such a successful and widely recognized brand is a true honor,” said Palou. “Their iconic yellow and red colors not only stand out, but they also remind me of my native Spain’s colors. As our team looks back at our remarkable success last year, we are eager to carry that momentum forward and aim for a third title with the support of DHL. I am especially thrilled to hit the ground running alongside the dedicated men and women of our 10-car crew in 2024.”
Racing Notebook: DHL partners with Ganassi; Hunt Bros partners with Penske and more
(Pittsburgh, PA) – 2024 partnership programs a coming together as two of the biggest names in racing, Ganassi and Penske, each announce new deals plus PPMS announces their plans for the new year and Henessey Performance packs some punch for GM fans in today’s Racing Notebook.
DHL Partners with Ganassi and Palou
- DHL and Chip Ganassi Racing are teaming up for a new partnership. DHL becomes the primary sponsor of the No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda and two-time NTT IndyCar Champion Alex Palou. DHL express also becomes the Official Logistics Partner of the 15-time Championship team. “I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence.”
Hunt Brothers Pizza Partners with Penske, Logano, Blaney
- Team Penske and Hunt Brothers Pizza are teaming up in multi-year deal that will feature the convenience store pizza brand on the No. 22 Team Penske Ford Mustang driven by two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Joey Logano for select races beginning in 2024. Hunt Brothers Pizza will also be an associate sponsor on defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 Ford Mustang for the 2024 season.
PPMS Announces 2024 Schedule
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is planning a 29-race schedule for 2024 with an opening day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend. The highlight of the schedule is the expansion of the Pittsburgher weekend to a 2-day event for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series battling for almost $200,000!