PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Monday’s Racing Notebook looks at the Daytona 500 plus a familiar face returns to Andretti Autosport and Zach Morrow Racing debuts a new look for his 410 Sprint Car.
Denny Hamlin Wins Daytona 500:
- Joe Gibbs Racing’s Denny Hamlin won his third Daytona 500 on Monday becoming the first back-to-back winner since Sterling Marlin in 1994-1995. Hamlin beat Team Penske’s Ryan Blaney to the checkered flag by .014-seconds. Hamlin is now tied with Bobby Allison, Dale Jarrett and Jeff Gordon for third-most Daytona 500 wins all-time. Chris Buescher finished third followed by David Ragan and Kevin Harvick.
Ryan Newman Hospitalized After Daytona 500 Accident:
- Roush Fenway Racing’s Ryan Newman is in serious condition at Halifax Medical Center after a wicked crash coming to the checkered flag of Monday’s rain-delayed Daytona 500. Newman was leading coming off turn 4 headed for the start finish line when contact from Ryan Blaney sent Newman’s car into the outside wall. Newman’s car came back across the track into oncoming traffic and was struck by Corey LaJoie, who had no chance of avoiding the No. 6 Ford Mustang.
Here is the final lap of the Daytona 500 in which Ryan Newman's car was flipped at the line.
We will continue to keep you updated on his status as we learn more. pic.twitter.com/qkEwQBpoP0
— FOX: NASCAR (@NASCARONFOX) February 18, 2020
Robert Megennis Returing To Andretti Autosport:
- Robert Megennis is returning to pilot the No. 27 Andretti Autosport for the 2020 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires season. n The 19-year-old scored his first Indy Lights-career win on the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway after starting from the pole position. The New York-native went on to stand on the podium six times and recorded 12 top-five finishes throughout his rookie campaign. Megennis has followed the Road to Indy ladder system earning Rookie-of-the-Year honors and the Hard-Charger award in Cooper Tires USF2000 in 2016. He went on to compete as a sophomore in Cooper Tires USF2000 in 2017 and ran the Indy Pro 2000 Championship in 2018.
Zach Morrow Racing Debuting New 410 Sprint Car Colors:
- Zach Morrow Racing is debuting new colors on their 410 Sprint Car for 2020. The white and black design features gold chrome inlay trim. Partnering with Morrow on the 410 effort are ConsumerLaw365.com, Generational Dental, Woods Rod & Custom, Precise Racing Products, Alternative Power Source, FK Rod Ends and Franklin Racing Supply.
Let’s try this again! This is our 2020 410 car! pic.twitter.com/YCabttqsnl
— Zach Morrow Racing (@ZMR27) February 16, 2020
Chip Ganassi Racing unveils Alex Palou’s No. 10 DHL Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing unveiled the livery for two-time and reigning NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Alex Palou’s DHL Honda on Tuesday. DHL signed on as the primary sponsor this off-season in a multi-year partnership with the team.
The No. 10 car will carry the familiar yellow of DHL’s branding but adds a splash of red that has been synonymous with the Ganassi team for decades.
“As everybody can see, this is quite the amazing livery,” said Palou. “The No. 10 DHL Honda looks very aggressive, and it will certainly stand out on the track, which is great. I can’t wait to start the season with a run in this livery at Sebring before we kick things off in St. Pete. It’s looking like the perfect livery to try to defend our title in 2024 and I cannot wait to deliver on-track here soon.”
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding takes place March 8-10 on the streets of St. Pete.
DHL joining Chip Ganassi Racing as primary sponsor for No. 10 Honda and Alex Palou
INDIANAPOLIS, IN and PLANTATION, FL (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing and DHL Express are teaming up in a new multi-year partnership that will see DHL become the official logistics partner of the 15-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champions and the primary sponsor of two-time and reigning Series Champion Alex Palou and the No. 10 Honda team.
“I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. Together, we are committed to embodying those values both on and off the racetrack. I am looking forward to Alex and the No. 10 team defending their 2023 title with DHL on board. The road ahead holds great promise and potential, and I can’t wait to get started.”
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry and one of the most international companies, with about 395,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing, an organization that has a rich history of success, deeply rooted in principles shared by DHL, such as a commitment to supporting the communities we call home, and the relentless pursuit of excellence by investing in our people who embody speed, passion, and dedication,” said Mike Parra, CEO of DHL Express Americas and Head of Global Sponsorships. “As we sponsor this winning motorsports team with Alex Palou behind the wheel, we look forward to many winning moments both on and off the track in the months and years to come.”
“It’s super exciting to announce our new partnership with DHL, a global leader in logistics. Representing such a successful and widely recognized brand is a true honor,” said Palou. “Their iconic yellow and red colors not only stand out, but they also remind me of my native Spain’s colors. As our team looks back at our remarkable success last year, we are eager to carry that momentum forward and aim for a third title with the support of DHL. I am especially thrilled to hit the ground running alongside the dedicated men and women of our 10-car crew in 2024.”
Racing Notebook: DHL partners with Ganassi; Hunt Bros partners with Penske and more
(Pittsburgh, PA) – 2024 partnership programs a coming together as two of the biggest names in racing, Ganassi and Penske, each announce new deals plus PPMS announces their plans for the new year and Henessey Performance packs some punch for GM fans in today’s Racing Notebook.
DHL Partners with Ganassi and Palou
- DHL and Chip Ganassi Racing are teaming up for a new partnership. DHL becomes the primary sponsor of the No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda and two-time NTT IndyCar Champion Alex Palou. DHL express also becomes the Official Logistics Partner of the 15-time Championship team. “I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence.”
Hunt Brothers Pizza Partners with Penske, Logano, Blaney
- Team Penske and Hunt Brothers Pizza are teaming up in multi-year deal that will feature the convenience store pizza brand on the No. 22 Team Penske Ford Mustang driven by two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Joey Logano for select races beginning in 2024. Hunt Brothers Pizza will also be an associate sponsor on defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 Ford Mustang for the 2024 season.
PPMS Announces 2024 Schedule
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is planning a 29-race schedule for 2024 with an opening day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend. The highlight of the schedule is the expansion of the Pittsburgher weekend to a 2-day event for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series battling for almost $200,000!