PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Tuesday’s racing notebook includes news from A.J. Foyt Racing, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, NASCAR and Front Row Motorsports.
Bourdais and Kellett Complete A.J. Foyt Racing 2020 Lineup:
- Four-time open wheel Champion Sebastien Bourdais and rookie Dalton Kellett are going to split the driving duties on the No. 14 Chevrolet on the road courses. Bourdais is schedule to run four races: the season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, the Honda Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park, the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach and the Grand Prix of Portland. Kellett will make his IndyCar debut at the Circuit of the Americas and will be behind the wheel at the Indianapolis Grand Prix, the Duel in Detroit, Elkhart Lake, Toronto, Mid-Ohio and Monterey, CA. Kellett will compete in a third Foyt car at the Indy 500. Tony Kanaan is going to drive the car on the five oval races (Indy 500, Texas Indy 600, Indy Richmond 300, Iowa 300 and Bommarito Automotive Group 500 at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway).
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Partners with Zeiss:
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is partnering with Zeiss Industrial Quality Solutions for their IndyCar program. Zeiss is an internationally leading technology company operating in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. RLL will utilize the T-SCAN 20 3D Scanning System that features new camera technology and high-quality Zeiss optics which increase the precision with cutting-edge 3D scanner technology. The reliability of system ensures consistently efficient measuring processes.
Pennzoil to Sponsor the NASCAR Xfinity Road Course Race At Indy:
- NASCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway are revealing details about the Xfinity Series inaugural race on the IMS road course on Saturday, July 4th. The Pennzoil 150 at the Brickyard will consist of 62-laps on the 14-turn, 2.439-mile road course that includes portions of the famed 2.5-mile oval. Stage lengths will be 20-laps, 20-laps and 22-laps. NASCAR driver Matt Di Benedetto tested both the 14-turn course and the 12-turn configuration on January 22 and his feedback was influential in NASCAR’s decision to use the 14-turn layout.
Front Row Motorsports announces “We Care” Campaign:
- Front Row Motorsports (FRM) today announced a new season-long marketing initiative called “We Care”. FRM has partnered with www.ClassicCars.com and the National Road Safety Foundation (NRSF) to launch the “We Care: Safe Driving” campaign. Running through the spring NASCAR race weekend at Texas Motor Speedway, FRM along with drivers Michael McDowell, John Hunter Nemechek and Todd Gilliland will focus on supporting and sharing messaging to “leave the speeding to the professionals.” Speed is a factor in 26% of all fatal traffic crashes, killing more than 9,000 people every year.
Cosmetic Gasket extends partnership with NASCAR:
- NASCAR and Cometic Gasket, Inc. announced today an expansion of their multi-year official partnership, designating the company the sponsor of the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series™ pole award. The Cometic Gasket Pole Award will be awarded to the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series driver with the fastest qualifying time each week, starting at Daytona International Speedway on Friday, February 14. Cometic Gasket’s relationship with NASCAR dates back nearly a decade when it became the “Official Gasket of NASCAR®.”