PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The latest edition of The Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has details on Hendrick Motorsports choosing Alex Bowman to replace Jimmie Johnson in the No. 48 Ally Chevrolet; NASCAR sets the lineup for this weekend’s Cup Series race on The Roval; Rahal Letterman Lanigan to build new headquarters; Jarett Andretti headed to IMSA in 2021; Indy Lights to return in 2021; Suarez lands new Cup Series Ride and Deegan to make Truck Series debut at Kansas.
Hendrick Putting Bowman In The No. 48:
- Hendrick Motorsports is putting Alex Bowman in the No. 48 Ally Chevrolet for the 2021 season. Bowman’s crew chief will remain Greg Ives. Bowman takes over the seat that is being vacated by 7-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion Jimmie Johnson. Johnson is retiring from NASCAR competition but not racing as Johnson is planning to run the Road and Street courses in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES with Chip Ganassi Racing.
Denny Hamlin To Start On Roval Pole At Charlotte:
- Joe Gibbs Racing’s Denny Hamlin will start on the pole position for the NASCAR Cup Series Bank of America Roval 400 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway road course. Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott, the defending winner at the Roval, will start second. The second row consists of Team Penske’s Brad Keselowski and Stewart Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick. The green flag drops on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. on NBC. Roval Starting Lineup
Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing To Build New Headquarters:
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing is going to build a new headquarters in Zionsville, Indiana. The new state-of-the-art, 100,000-square foot facility will consolidate RLL’s NTT INDYCAR SERIES operation (currently in Brownsburg, IN) and IMSA operations (currently in Hilliard, OH) under one roof. RLL expects to break ground on its headquarters in late 2020 and be fully operational by Spring 2021.
Jarett Andretti and Andretti Autosport Headed To IMSA In 2021:
- Andretti Autosport announced today that Jarett Andretti will enter the 2021 IMSA Prototype Challenge in the LMP3 class. Following a successful two years behind the wheel of his GT4 machine, the third-generation driver is ready to tackle the new experience in the Ligier JS P320. The IMSA Prototype Challenge highlights six races on the 2021 schedule with each race one hour, 45 minutes in length. As a champion is crowned for the IMSA Prototype Challenge, the championship-winning driver will receive a $100,000 IMSA credit applicable for the 2022 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship.
Indy Lights To Return in 2021:
- The Indy Lights Series, the final stepping stone on the ‘Road To Indy’ ladder system, will be back on the grid in 2021. The rejuvenated Indy Lights Series will benefit from additional initiatives being formulated in conjunction with INDYCAR, including an increased value of the champion’s scholarship award to $1,250,000. A guaranteed entry for the champion into at least three 2022 NTT INDYCAR SERIES events, including the Indianapolis 500, will remain. Also new in 2021, the top-three finishers in the Indy Lights championship will each receive a NTT INDYCAR SERIES test at the conclusion of the season. Twenty-three of the 33 starters in this year’s Indianapolis 500 were Indy Lights graduates including eight Indy Lights champions.
Daniel Suarez To Drive For New Cup Team:
- Trackhouse Entertainment Group announced today the formation of a new NASCAR Cup Series team that will make its on-track debut at the 2021 DAYTONA 500. Piloting the No. 99 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE will be 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series Champion and NASCAR Cup Series veteran, Daniel Suárez. Trackhouse Entertainment Group, an investor in and operator of motorsports business, was founded and is owned by Justin Marks.
Hailie Deegan To Make NASCAR Truck Series Debut:
- ARCA Series driver Hailie Deegan is going to make her NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series debut next weekend at Kansas Speedway with DGR Crosley. Deegan made the announcement today on her Twitter feed.
Racing Notebook: Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr on Atlanta Front Row; Autotrader extends with Team Penske
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – NASCAR has set the starting positions in the NASCAR Cup, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series for this weekend’s races at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Autotrader is extending their partnership with Team Penske. The Stadium Super Truck Series is coming back to the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Hamlin And Truex Jr On Atlanta Cup Front Row:
- Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr are on the front row for Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series Folds Of Honor QuikTrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. NASCAR sets the starting field using their Metric data formula. Team Penske teammates Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski make up row 2. Hendrick Motorsports teammates Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson make up row 3. There have been five different winners so far in five NASCAR Cup Series races in 2021. Atlanta Cup Starting Lineup
Cindric And Burton On Xfinity Series Front Row:
- Team Penske’s Austin Cindric and Joe Gibbs Racing’s Jeb Burton are on the front row for Saturday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series EchoPark 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. AJ Allmendinger and Brandon Brown make up row two followed by Harrison Burton and Justin Allgaier. Atlanta Xfinity Starting Lineup
Nemechek And Busch On Camping World Truck Series Front Row:
- John Hunter Nemechek and his boss/team owner Kyle Busch will start on the front row for Saturday afternoon’s Fr8Auctions 200 NASCAR Camping World trucks series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Nemechek beat his boss last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Level Green PA’s Norm Benning will start 37th. Atlanta Truck Starting Lineup
Autotrader Extends Partership With Team Penske:
- Autotrader is extending their partnership with Team Penske. The partnership renewal includes an increase in races where the Autotrader brand will serve as primary sponsor for the Ford Mustangs driven by both 2012 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Brad Keselowski and 2018 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Joey Logano. Keselowski and Logano will compete in the Autotrader orange and blue colors for a total of six races during the 2021 season, starting this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, where Keselowski will race the No. 2 Autotrader Ford.
Racing Notebook: Sheetz Partners With Richmond; Carshop Joins Team Penske; Moose Fraternity Partners With CGR
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Richmond Raceway and Sheetz are continuing their partnership plus Team Penske announces a new partner as CarShop joins Austin Cindric’s program and Moose Fraternity partners with the No. 42 of Chip Ganassi Racing.
Sheetz Continues Partnership With Richmond Raceway:
- Sheetz and Richmond Raceway are continuing their partnership for the 2021 season. Sheetz is ‘The Official Convenience Store of Richmond Raceway’. In addition to Sheetz becomes the naming rights partner for ‘Richmond Nation’, the official season ticket program of the track. The official name of the season ticket program will now be ‘RICHMOND NATION presented by Sheetz’.
CarShop Partners With Team Penske:
- CarShop, an easy and fun way to buy like-new vehicles in-store or online, will partner with Team Penske’s reigning NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) Champion Austin Cindric and the No. 22 Ford Mustang team for the 2021 season. Beginning with this weekend’s NXS race at Phoenix Raceway, CarShop will be featured as the primary sponsor of the No. 22 Ford at several events this season, as Cindric and the team look to defend their series title. CarShop, a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Automotive Group, offers high-quality used vehicles with upfront, no-haggle pricing and a money-back guarantee.
Moose Fraternity Partnering With Chip Ganassi Racing:
- The Moose Fraternity is partnering with Chip Ganassi Racing and the No. 42 Chevrolet Camaro driven by Ross Chastain. The Partnership includes several primary sponsor races as well as associate races for Moose Fraternity, who began a relationship with Chastain in 2020. Members of the Moose conduct between $50 and $70-million worth of community service annually.
NASCAR Hires Martin As Vice-President:
- NASCAR has named Eric Ryan their Vice President of Communications. In his new role, Ryan will provide leadership across strategic initiatives and day-to-day operations of the sanctioning body’s communications and public relations work. Based out of the company’s headquarters in Daytona Beach, Fla. and will report to Chief Communications & Social Responsibility Officer, Eric Nyquist.
Racing Notebook: Chase Elliott on Pole Position For NASCAR Road Course Race; Sye Lynch Forms New Partnership and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chase Elliott is on the pole for race number 2 of the NASCAR Cup Series season plus Sye Lynch announces his 2021 plans; A new partnership forms between two former INDYCAR competitors; Weather postpones two World of Outlaws events and more in the latest edition of the Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook.
Chase Elliott On Daytona Road Course Pole:
- Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott will start from the pole position at this Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series road course race at Daytona International Speedway. Daytona 500 winner Michael McDowell will start second. Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin make up row 2. Chip Ganassi Racing’s Ross Chastain will start 9th in the No. 42 Chevrolet and Kurt Busch will start 17th in the No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet. The lineup is set by NASCAR’s Qualifying Metrics. Daytona Road Course Starting Lineup
Sye Lynch Partners With Josh Baughman:
- Third generation Sprint Car driver Sye Lynch is partnering with Baughman Motorsports for the 2021 racing season. Lynch plans to enter around 80-events as part of this partnership with Josh Baughman. Longtime Lynch partner Mosites Motorsports joins new marketing partners Fischer Body Shop of Missouri and Hollywood Blasting and Coating of Odessa, Texas as part of the arrangement.
Michael Andretti and Michel Jourdain Team Up:
- Michael Andretti is teaming up with Michel Jourdain are teaming up to field an entry in the Super Copa Championship. The newly formed Andretti Jourdain Autosport team will be based in Mexico and contest the No. 1 car in the championship’s Touring Car division. This new endeavor marks a seventh motorsport discipline for Andretti Autosport which also competes in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, IMSA LMP3 Prototype Challenge, the FIA Formula E Championship, Extreme E and Australian Supercars.
Transcard To Partner With Meyer Shank Racing At Nashville:
- Transcard will partner with Meyer Shank Racing (MSR) and driver Helio Castroneves for the NTT INDYCAR SERIES Music City Grand Prix in Nashville. The inaugural Music City Grand Prix will be the second of six events for Castroneves with MSR. Transcard is a leading global provider of solutions that help businesses, consumers, banks, and financial technology providers accelerate payments and related data. The Music City Grand Prix takes place August 6-8 on the streets of Nashville, TN.
Extreme Winter Weather Postpones WoO Events at Magnolia and The Rev:
- The World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series doubleheader weekend at Magnolia Motor Speedway, in Columbus, MS, and The Rev, in Monroe, LA, initially scheduled for this weekend (Friday, Feb. 19, and Saturday, Feb. 20), have been postponed due to extreme winter weather that is projected to continue throughout the weekend.
This Week on DirtVision:
- The weather in parts of our country are frightful but there is racing action scheduled and DirtVision has it including the Drydene Extreme DIRTcar Series action from Lake View Motor Speedway on Saturday and Cherokee Speedway on Sunday. Click here for the complete DirtVision schedule.