PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – This edition of The Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has details on the NASCAR Cup Series Starting Lineup for Bristol plus NTT INDYCAR SERIES driver Conor Daly is going truck racing and Team Penske confirms that Australian Supercar Series driver Scott McLauglin will make his INDYCAR debut at the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.
Keselowski Awarded Bristol Cup Series Pole:
- Team Penske’s Brad Keselowski is on the pole position for Saturday night’s NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Keselowski was awarded the pole based on NASCAR’s “performance matrix”. Keselowski’s teammate Joey Logano will start in the second position. Martin Truex Jr. and Kevin Harvick will start third and fourth respectively. This race is the Round of 16 cutoff racing where only the Top 12 in points will advance in the NASCAR Playoffs. Bristol Cup Starting Lineup
INDYCAR Driver Conor Daly Going Truck Racing:
- NTT INDYCAR SERIES driver Conor Daly is going to do some truck racing. Daly and action sports star and Nitro Circus founder Travis Pastrana will team up to compete in September 25’s NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series World of Westgate 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The pair also race in the LCQ League, a private iRacing league featuring motorsports and action sports legends having fun in cars from all disciplines. The Pair will drive the #42 and #45 Niece Motorsports trucks with the support of iRacing, as well as Elliott’s Custom Trailers, Pit Viper, Fatheadz, and Wienerschnitzel.
Massive news for America right here‼️ @TravisPastrana and I are teaming up with @NieceMotorsport to go @NASCAR_Trucks racing in Las Vegas! We are bringing the #LCQLeague to real life! Huge thanks to @iRacing @Fatheadz @wienerschnitzel @ElliottsTrailer for making this happen! 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/b33wC39OQR
— Conor Daly (@ConorDaly22) September 17, 2020
Scott McLaughlin To Make INDYCAR Debut At St. Pete:
- Scott McLaughlin will make his NTT INDYCAR SERIES debut at the season finale in St. Petersburg. The two-time and defending Supercars Champion for DJR Team Penske (DJRTP) was set to compete in his first NTT INDYCAR SERIES race earlier this year on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course before the COVID-19 global pandemic forced several delays and postponements on racing schedules, along with international travel restrictions.
— Team Penske (@Team_Penske) September 17, 2020
Kansas Speedway To Limited Amount Of Fans:
- Kansas Speedway announced that they will be able to host a limited number of fans (10,000) for the NASCAR Cup Series Hollywood Casino 400 on October 18 at Kansas Speedway. To allow for social distancing the track will re-seat fans who currently have tickets. If any inventory becomes available after that process the track will make an announcement.
Racing Notebook: Scott Dixon To Run IMSA Enduros For Ganassi; Marco Andretti’s 2021 Plans and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Six-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Scott Dixon will be the third driver for Chip Ganassi’s Sports Car team, running the endurance events. CGR also revealed the livery for the No. 01 Cadillac. Lots of news from Andretti Autosport as Marco Andretti releases his 2021 plans and Ryan Hunter-Reay is returns for the 2021 season with backing from DHL plus Jarret Andretti continues to add sponsorship for his Sports Car effort. Last but not least, Pitbull joins the ownership group of Trackhouse Racing.
Dixon To Run Endurance Events For CGR Sports Car:
- Six-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Scott Dixon is going to the 3rd driver for Chip Ganassi’s IMSA program. Dixon will run the endurance events along with driver Renger Van Der Zande and Kevin Magnussen, the drivers who will run the entire IMSA schedule. Dixon drove for Wayne Taylor Racing last year and competed in Ganassi’s previous sports car entries in GTLM and DPi.
◼️ 6-Time NTT INDYCAR SERIES champ
◼️ 4-Time & reigning #Rolex24 winner
◼️ Still at the top of his game
— Chip Ganassi Racing (@CGRTeams) January 14, 2021
Marco Andretti Announces 2021 Plans:
- Marco Andretti is not going to run the full 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES schedule, opting to focus on winning the Indy 500 as well as looking into running some IMSA races with his cousin Jarett. Here is Marco’s full post:
🚨ANNOUNCEMENT: 🏁 pic.twitter.com/c64puKWbCA
— Marco Andretti (@MarcoAndretti) January 15, 2021
Ganassi Unveils Sports Car Livery Ahead Of Rolex 24 At Daytona:
- Chip Ganassi Racing used their social media channels to unveil the livery of the No. 01 Cadillac that the team will campaign on the IMSA circuit in 2021.
— Chip Ganassi Racing (@CGRTeams) January 14, 2021
Ryan Hunter-Reay To Return To Andretti In 2021:
- Ryan Hunter-Reay will be back behind the wheel of the No. 28 Honda for the 2021 season. Andretti Autosport made the announcement that DHL will return as RHR’s sponsor. Hunter-Reay has collected 15 race wins with the team, for a total of 18 overall INDYCAR career victories. His most notable accolades including his 2012 championship title and 2014 Indianapolis 500 victory. The 2021 season will mark Hunter-Reay’s 15th season in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, and his 12th as part of the Andretti Autosport stable.
Jarett Andretti Adds Sponsorship For Sports Car Program:
- Jarett Andretti, who recently announced his plans to race full-time in the IMSA LMP3 series with Andretti Autosport and manufacturer, Ligier, announced that he’ll have continued support from long-time partner, Window World. Window World will serve as a co-associate sponsor for Andretti. Additional support will come from Window World vendor – MI Windows and Doors, who are headquartered in Gratz, PA.
Pitbull Joins Trackhouse Racing Ownership Group:
- Grammy award winner Pitbull is joining the ownership group of Trackhouse Racing, Justin Marks new team. Daniel Suarez is the driver and former DEI executive Ty Norris is the team president. Trackhouse has formed a technical and operational partnership with Richard Childress Racing.
Racing Notebook: McIntosh Takes Qualifying Night 1 Win at Chili Bowl; Chase Elliott and Ryan Newman Sponsorship News plus Pocono Ticket Deal
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Cannon McIntosh is the A-Main winner in night one of qualifying at the Chili Bowl plus Chase Elliott and Ryan Newman get additional sponsorship and an update on a special ticket deal at Pocono Raceway are in the latest edition of The Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook:
Cannon McIntosh Victorious Monday At Chili Bowl:
- Cannon McIntosh captured the checkered flag in Monday’s A-Main at the Chili Bowl. McIntosh, 18, held off Tyler Courtney on several late restarts to take the win on opening night for the second year in-a-row at the Tulsa Expo Raceway. Blake Hahn rounded out the podium.
Larson Headline Tuesday Night At Chili Bowl:
- Defending Chili Bowl winner Kyle Larson headlines the list of 63-competitors for Tuesday’s qualifying night action at the Tulsa Expo Raceway. Stahlstown, PA’s Jeremy Hill is in action tonight in the No. 4u for MSW Motorsports.
Adrenaline Shoc Partners With Chase Elliott and Hendrick Motorsports:
- Energy drink Adrenaline Shoc (A Shoc) has partnered with 2020 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Chase Elliott and Hendrick Motorsports as a sponsor of the No. 9 Chevrolet Camaro team. Launched in 2019, A Shoc is preservative-free with plant-powered natural caffeine blend that is available in 10 great tasting flavors. A Shoc is distributed across the United States by Keurig Dr. Pepper. A Shoc replaces Mountain Dew.
Kohler Generators Partners With Roush Fenway And Ryan Newman
- Kohler Generators is partnering with Roush Fenway Racing as an anchor partner making its debut on the No. 6 Ford with driver Ryan Newman on Feb. 14 at the famed Daytona 500. Kohler Generators will also serve as Newman’s primary partner for races at Atlanta (3/21), Darlington (5/9), Charlotte (5/30), Road America (7/4), Bristol (9/18), Talladega (10/3) and Martinsville (10/31).
NEWS: @KOHLERPower joins Roush Fenway Racing as an anchor partner on the No. 6 Ford.
— Roush Fenway (@roushfenway) January 12, 2021
Pocono’s Tricky Track Pack Is Back:
- Pocono Raceway is brining the “Tricky Track Pack” back for 2021 and they have added a new option! The “Tricky Track Pack” includes: (4) 100-Level Grandstand Tickets, (4) Hot Dogs, (4) Coca-Cola Products for $125. The “Tricky Track Pack XL” includes: (6) 100-Level Grandstand Tickets, (6) Hot Dogs, (6) Coca-Cola Products and (1) Full Day of Fun all for $196. For more information visit poconoraceway.com.
Racing Notebook: Deegan to take sensitivity training; Ferrucci to NASCAR and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The latest edition of The Pittsburgh Racing Now notebook has news that Hailie Deegan is headed to sensitivity training plus Santino Ferrucci is going NASCAR racing and more.
Deegan To Take Sensitivity Training:
- NASCAR is requiring driver Hailie Deegan to attend sensitivity training prior to the start of the 2021 season following her use of an inappropriate word during an online racing event. Deegan used a word that is a derogatory term for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The 19-year-old driver is set for her first season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series this year with David Gilliland Racing. She made her series debut with the team last October at Kansas Speedway.
Earlier tonight I used an insensitive word during an online race being broadcast on twitch. It was inappropriate slang and a stupid thing to do. I apologize to everyone who was offended by it. There's no excuse for it, and I know I have to do better for my sponsors and my fans.
— Hailie Deegan (@HailieDeegan) January 11, 2021
Ferrucci Headed To NASCAR:
- Santino Ferrucci is leaving the NTT INDYCAR SERIES to go NASCAR racing in 2021. Ferrucci will join Sam Hunt Racing and Toyota Racing Development for a part-time schedule in NASCAR’s Xfinity Series for 2021. Ferrucci’s best finish in an IndyCar was 4th, including the 2020 Indianapolis 500. Who will replace Ferrucci at Dale Coyne Racing remains to be seen.
— Santino Ferrucci (@SantinoFerrucci) January 8, 2021
Practice And Qualifying In Eight NASCAR Cup Series Races in 2021:
- NASCAR is planning on holding practice and qualifying at Eight Cup Series races in 2021. Those races include new venues the series is visiting this season and a couple of key events. Here are the events: Daytona 500; Bristol Motor Speedway Dirt race; Circuit of the Americas; Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte; Nashville Superspeedway; Road America; Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course and Cup Series Championship race at Phoenix.