PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The weekend of racing got an early start on Thursday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway plus the All Star Circuit of Champions and Port Royal Speedway are upping the purse for the Tuscarora 50 and Kurt Busch gets a new associate sponsor for the NASCAR Playoffs.
Sting Ray Robb Wins Indy Pro 2000 at IMS:
- Juncos Racing’s Sting Ray Robb was victorious in the Indy Pro 2000 Championship Presented by Cooper Tires race Thursday on the road course at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Robb started 2nd in the field and moved into the top spot on lap 9. Hunter McElreay finished 2nd with Parker Thompson rounding out the podium. Colin Kaminsky, the University of Pittsburgh Hockey Team goaltender, finished seventh. Indy Pro 2000 Indy GP Results
Braden Eves Injured In Indy Pro 2000 race:
- Exclusive Autosports Braden Eves, the 2019 USF 2000 Champion, is in Methodist Hospital in Indiana after being involved in an accident during the Indy Pro 2000 Championship race on the road course at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Eves Tatuus PM-18 flipped over onto its roll hoop. Eves took to social media on Friday to update his condition.
Wanted to give you guys a little health update after my crash yesterday, I’m going to need a few months to recover, I fractured a couple vertebrae in my neck, as well as above my right eye. Thanks to everyone who has reached out, it means the world to me. I appreciate you all♥️ pic.twitter.com/Y43ftI43RN
— Braden Eves (@Bradeneves) September 4, 2020
Barrichello Breaks Through to Claim First USF2000 Win:
- Second-generation racer Eduardo Barrichello scored an impressive maiden Cooper Tires USF2000 Championship victory this afternoon for Pabst Racing at the Indianapolis Grand Prix road course. The 18-year-old Barrichello, son of former F1 driver Rubens, worked his way methodically from fourth at the completion of the opening lap to secure top honors in the first of three races that will comprise the Cooper Tires USF2000 Indy Grand Prix.
$53,000-to-win for the Tuscarora 50:
- The 53rd running of the Tuscarora 50 featuring the Ollie’s Bargain Outlet All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 now boasts a total weekend purse on the brink of $200,000, $53,000 of which to be awarded to Saturday’s main event winner. The three-day showstopper will hit the ground running with back-to-back $6,000-to-win preliminary programs on Thursday and Friday, September 10-11. Each preliminary feature winner will be guaranteed a starting position in Saturday’s 50-lap main event.
Yorktel Joins Kurt Busch and Chip Ganassi Racing For Playoffs:
- Yorktel, a video managed services corporation that provides professional services for the assessment, design, integration, and management of video and audio communications is joining Chip Ganassi Racing for the NASCAR Playoffs. Yorktel will be an associate sponsor of the No. 1 Monster Energy/GEARWRENCH Chevrolet Camaro and driver Kurt Busch.
We're incredibly happy to announce our newest partnership with @CGRTeams! Alongside our sister company @caregility, our logos will be featured on the @KurtBusch #1 car and his firesuit for the @NASCAR playoffs! We're excited to be joining the Ganassi Racing team. Good Luck Kurt! pic.twitter.com/P8SPA3em7K
— Yorktel (@YorktelCorp) September 4, 2020
Racing Notebook: Chase Elliott on Pole Position For NASCAR Road Course Race; Sye Lynch Forms New Partnership and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chase Elliott is on the pole for race number 2 of the NASCAR Cup Series season plus Sye Lynch announces his 2021 plans; A new partnership forms between two former INDYCAR competitors; Weather postpones two World of Outlaws events and more in the latest edition of the Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook.
Chase Elliott On Daytona Road Course Pole:
- Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott will start from the pole position at this Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series road course race at Daytona International Speedway. Daytona 500 winner Michael McDowell will start second. Austin Dillon and Denny Hamlin make up row 2. Chip Ganassi Racing’s Ross Chastain will start 9th in the No. 42 Chevrolet and Kurt Busch will start 17th in the No. 1 Monster Energy Chevrolet. The lineup is set by NASCAR’s Qualifying Metrics. Daytona Road Course Starting Lineup
Sye Lynch Partners With Josh Baughman:
- Third generation Sprint Car driver Sye Lynch is partnering with Baughman Motorsports for the 2021 racing season. Lynch plans to enter around 80-events as part of this partnership with Josh Baughman. Longtime Lynch partner Mosites Motorsports joins new marketing partners Fischer Body Shop of Missouri and Hollywood Blasting and Coating of Odessa, Texas as part of the arrangement.
Michael Andretti and Michel Jourdain Team Up:
- Michael Andretti is teaming up with Michel Jourdain are teaming up to field an entry in the Super Copa Championship. The newly formed Andretti Jourdain Autosport team will be based in Mexico and contest the No. 1 car in the championship’s Touring Car division. This new endeavor marks a seventh motorsport discipline for Andretti Autosport which also competes in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES, Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires, IMSA LMP3 Prototype Challenge, the FIA Formula E Championship, Extreme E and Australian Supercars.
Transcard To Partner With Meyer Shank Racing At Nashville:
- Transcard will partner with Meyer Shank Racing (MSR) and driver Helio Castroneves for the NTT INDYCAR SERIES Music City Grand Prix in Nashville. The inaugural Music City Grand Prix will be the second of six events for Castroneves with MSR. Transcard is a leading global provider of solutions that help businesses, consumers, banks, and financial technology providers accelerate payments and related data. The Music City Grand Prix takes place August 6-8 on the streets of Nashville, TN.
Extreme Winter Weather Postpones WoO Events at Magnolia and The Rev:
- The World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series doubleheader weekend at Magnolia Motor Speedway, in Columbus, MS, and The Rev, in Monroe, LA, initially scheduled for this weekend (Friday, Feb. 19, and Saturday, Feb. 20), have been postponed due to extreme winter weather that is projected to continue throughout the weekend.
This Week on DirtVision:
- The weather in parts of our country are frightful but there is racing action scheduled and DirtVision has it including the Drydene Extreme DIRTcar Series action from Lake View Motor Speedway on Saturday and Cherokee Speedway on Sunday. Click here for the complete DirtVision schedule.
Racing Notebook: Denny Hamlin and FedEx extend with JGR; Chase Elliott to do more midget racing; Rain Cancels Monday’s All Stars At East Bay and more!
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Tons of racing news in the latest edition of the Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook including an extension at Joe Gibbs Racing for Denny Hamlin and sponsor FedEx. Chase Elliott plans to do some more midget racing. Money Lion back with Team Penske for 2021. U.S. Air Force extends with Richard Petty Motorsports and another partner signs on for Western PA Sprint Speedweek.
Denny Hamlin and FedEx Extend With JGR:
- Denny Hamlin will be behind the wheel of Joe Gibbs Racing‘s No. 11 FedEx Toyota for the foreseeable future. JGR announced that it has extended agreements with Hamlin and long-time sponsor FedEx with a pair of multi-year agreements. Hamlin is a three-time winner and defending champion of the Daytona 500. He has 44 career wins in the NASCAR Cup Series along with 280 top-ten and 179 top-five finishes in 542 career starts.
Chase Elliott Running Midget This Weekend:
- Fresh off his first Rolex 24 at Daytona this past weekend, defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Chase Elliott will jump from Sports Cars to Midgets this coming weekend at Bubba Raceway Park in Florida.
— Chase Elliott (@chaseelliott) February 1, 2021
MoneyLion Continues Partnership With Team Penske:
- MoneyLion, the all-in-one digital financial platform, on Monday announced a renewed partnership with Team Penske for multiple races in the 2021 NASCAR season. MoneyLion will be featured as a primary partner at select NASCAR events in 2021 on the cars driven by Brad Keselowski and Austin Cindric. The company will also be an associate sponsor throughout the season on the No. 22 Ford driven by Joey Logano. Keselowski will race the No. 2 MoneyLion Ford Mustang in the Clash, Tuesday evening, February 9 at Daytona International Speedway (DIS).
U.S. Air Force Extends Partnership With RPM:
- The U.S. Air Force is extended its partnership with Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM). The U.S. Air Force will serve as the primary partner of Jones’ No. 43 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE in the NASCAR Cup Series at the Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway (April 25) and at the Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (September 18). The U.S. Air Force is an associate partner for the entirety of the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series season with Richard Petty Motorsports.
Western PA Sprint Speedweek Adds Another Partner:
- Western PA Sprint Speedweek is adding another partner to the growing list of companies stepping up to support the five-race series this June. J.S. Bova Excavating LLC has signed on to be a presenting sponsor of this summer’s upcoming five-race speedweek, scheduled to run from Wednesday, June 2nd through Sunday, June 6th. Bova joins Schaeffer’s Specialized Lubricants in support of the event.
Rain Cancels All Stars Event At East Bay:
- Mother Nature was the only winner Monday at East Bay Raceway Park. Heavy rains throughout the evening hours on Sunday and into early Monday created heavy flooding in East Bay’s infield, as well as on parts of the racing surface. Track officials did their best to pump the water away from the track, but officials were left with no time to recover. The event will not be rescheduled. The All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will return to East Bay Raceway Park on Tuesday evening, February 2.
Racing Notebook: Ed Jones To Coyne Vasser Sullivan; Ty Dillon To Run For JGR; Pocono Honors Bubba Wallace and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The latest edition of The Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has news about Ed Jones joining Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser Sullivan. Ty Dillion is going to run some Xfinity races for Joe Gibbs Racing; Pocono Raceway honors Bubba Wallace and Kaulig Racing details 2021 plans.
Ed Jones Joins Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser Sullivan:
- Ed Jones is returning to the NTT INDYCAR SERIES in 2021. Jones is going to replace Santino Ferrucci in the Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser Sullivan Honda. Jones broke into the INDYCAR series with Coyne in 2017 as a teammate to Sebastien Bourdais. Jones best finish was third in the Indianapolis 500. Jones’ car will carry the SealMaster sponsorship previously carried by Bourdais and Ferrucci. Coyne says an announcement is forthcoming on who will be Jones teammate.
Ty Dillon To Run Some Xfinity Races For JGR:
- Joe Gibbs Racing announced on Wednesday that Ty Dillon will drive the team’s No. 54 Toyota Supra in select NASCAR Xfinity Series races in 2021, including the season opener at Daytona International Speedway on February 13. Beyond Daytona, Dillon’s Xfinity Series schedule currently includes races at Homestead-Miami Speedway (February 27), Las Vegas Motor Speedway (March 6) and Talladega Superspeedway (April 24). Dillon was without a ride for 2021 after Germain Racing closed following the end of the 2020 season.
Bubba Wallace Wins Pocono Spirit Award For 2020:
- Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. is the winner of the National Motorsports Press Association Pocono Spirit Award for 2020. The NMPA Pocono Spirit Award is designed to recognize character and achievement in the face of adversity, sportsmanship and contributions to motorsports. The award is sponsored by Pocono Raceway and has been presented annually since 1992.
Kaulig Racing Details 2021 Lineup:
- Jeb Burton will begin his 2021 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) season with primary partner, Nutrien Ag Solutions, at Daytona International Speedway in the No. 10 Chevrolet. Nutrien Ag Solutions will be on board the No. 10 for 16 races in 2021. Justin Haley returns to the No. 11 Chevrolet for a third-straight year. The team is also thrilled to announce the return of primary partner, LeafFilter Gutter Protection. LeafFilter has donned the No. 11 Chevrolet since the team’s inception in 2016. AJ Allmendinger will kick off his first, full NASCAR season since 2018 with partner, Ellsworth Advisors on the No. 16 Chevrolet at Daytona. In addition to his return to full-time competition, Allmendinger will pilot the No. 16 Camaro ZL1 1LE at the Daytona International Speedway Road Course race in the team’s part-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) entry.