PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Monday’s Pittsburgh Racing Now Notebook has news on how the Wood Brothers Racing Team is helping the elderly plus GMS Racing’s Brett Moffitt injured in an accident plus the latest on how COVID-19 is affecting the racing world.
Wood Brothers Collecting Notebooks For The Elderly:
- The Wood Brothers Racing team is asking for help as they are soliciting donations so they can get notebooks to Senior citizens who cannot receive visitors at their local nursing home and assisted living facility in their hometown of Stuart, VA. The Woods’ are donating $1500 and are asking fans to donate $10 or more through this weblink: https://woodbrothersracing.bigcartel.com/product/tablets-for-seniors
We’re trying to buy up a bunch of tablets so our local nursing home residents are able to video-visit with their families. Read the attached note and the link to help/buy a signed thank-you from Matt & us is below. https://t.co/dahCJZdoNR pic.twitter.com/DDmO02g2ri
— Wood Brothers Racing (@woodbrothers21) March 15, 2020
Brett Moffitt Injured In Motocross Bike Accident:
- NASCAR Gander Outdoors & RV Truck Series driver Brett Moffitt is recovering after suffering fractures to both legs in an accident on a motocross bike. Moffitt, the 2018 Series Champion, had surgery according to his GMS Racing team. Moffitt’s recovery is expect to last up to 8-weeks. NASCAR has postponed this weekend’s race at Homestead Miami Speedway due to COVID-19.
— GMS Racing (@GMSRacingLLC) March 16, 2020
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Planning On Racing In May:
- The NTT INDYCAR SERIES and The Indianapolis Motor Speedway are planning to race in May after the first four races of the 2020 Season were cancelled due to COVID-19. The series and track acknowledge the situation is fluid and could change at any minute.
— NTT IndyCar Series (@IndyCar) March 16, 2020
Chip Ganassi Racing unveils Alex Palou’s No. 10 DHL Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing unveiled the livery for two-time and reigning NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Alex Palou’s DHL Honda on Tuesday. DHL signed on as the primary sponsor this off-season in a multi-year partnership with the team.
The No. 10 car will carry the familiar yellow of DHL’s branding but adds a splash of red that has been synonymous with the Ganassi team for decades.
“As everybody can see, this is quite the amazing livery,” said Palou. “The No. 10 DHL Honda looks very aggressive, and it will certainly stand out on the track, which is great. I can’t wait to start the season with a run in this livery at Sebring before we kick things off in St. Pete. It’s looking like the perfect livery to try to defend our title in 2024 and I cannot wait to deliver on-track here soon.”
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding takes place March 8-10 on the streets of St. Pete.
DHL joining Chip Ganassi Racing as primary sponsor for No. 10 Honda and Alex Palou
INDIANAPOLIS, IN and PLANTATION, FL (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing and DHL Express are teaming up in a new multi-year partnership that will see DHL become the official logistics partner of the 15-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champions and the primary sponsor of two-time and reigning Series Champion Alex Palou and the No. 10 Honda team.
“I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. Together, we are committed to embodying those values both on and off the racetrack. I am looking forward to Alex and the No. 10 team defending their 2023 title with DHL on board. The road ahead holds great promise and potential, and I can’t wait to get started.”
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry and one of the most international companies, with about 395,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing, an organization that has a rich history of success, deeply rooted in principles shared by DHL, such as a commitment to supporting the communities we call home, and the relentless pursuit of excellence by investing in our people who embody speed, passion, and dedication,” said Mike Parra, CEO of DHL Express Americas and Head of Global Sponsorships. “As we sponsor this winning motorsports team with Alex Palou behind the wheel, we look forward to many winning moments both on and off the track in the months and years to come.”
“It’s super exciting to announce our new partnership with DHL, a global leader in logistics. Representing such a successful and widely recognized brand is a true honor,” said Palou. “Their iconic yellow and red colors not only stand out, but they also remind me of my native Spain’s colors. As our team looks back at our remarkable success last year, we are eager to carry that momentum forward and aim for a third title with the support of DHL. I am especially thrilled to hit the ground running alongside the dedicated men and women of our 10-car crew in 2024.”
Racing Notebook: DHL partners with Ganassi; Hunt Bros partners with Penske and more
(Pittsburgh, PA) – 2024 partnership programs a coming together as two of the biggest names in racing, Ganassi and Penske, each announce new deals plus PPMS announces their plans for the new year and Henessey Performance packs some punch for GM fans in today’s Racing Notebook.
DHL Partners with Ganassi and Palou
- DHL and Chip Ganassi Racing are teaming up for a new partnership. DHL becomes the primary sponsor of the No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda and two-time NTT IndyCar Champion Alex Palou. DHL express also becomes the Official Logistics Partner of the 15-time Championship team. “I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence.”
Hunt Brothers Pizza Partners with Penske, Logano, Blaney
- Team Penske and Hunt Brothers Pizza are teaming up in multi-year deal that will feature the convenience store pizza brand on the No. 22 Team Penske Ford Mustang driven by two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Joey Logano for select races beginning in 2024. Hunt Brothers Pizza will also be an associate sponsor on defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 Ford Mustang for the 2024 season.
PPMS Announces 2024 Schedule
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is planning a 29-race schedule for 2024 with an opening day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend. The highlight of the schedule is the expansion of the Pittsburgher weekend to a 2-day event for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series battling for almost $200,000!