PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Thursday’s Pittsburgh Racing Now Racing Notebook has a sponsorship update for one of A.J. Foyt’s INDYCARS plus an update on the new INDYCAR team partly owned by Steelers minority owner Robert Citrone and James Hinchcliffe is going to do some Television this year when he’s not driving and Kurt Busch is getting help for his Vet Tix program.
Chase Elliott Going After “Bounty” On Kyle Busch:
- Chase Elliott is going after the $100,000 “Bounty” on Kyle Busch. NASCAR Cup Series Driver Kevin Harvick put a $50,000 bounty on Busch after his win last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway after some other drivers said Busch was “cherry picking” the NASCAR Gander Outdoors and R.V. Truck Series competition. Gander Outdoors and R.V. Truck Series CEO Marcus Lemonis upped the ante, matching Harvick’s $50,000 to double the bonus to any full-time Cup Series racer up to the challenge.
— Chase Elliott (@chaseelliott) February 27, 2020
ripKurrent To Sponsor Kimball and A.J. Foyt Racing:
- AJ Foyt Racing has signed ripKurrent, an energy services company, as the primary sponsor of Charlie Kimball’s No. 4 Chevrolet for the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge. Moreover, ripKurrent will have a season-long presence on the car as an associate marketing partner. Based in Boca Raton, Florida, ripKurrent is expanding its involvement in the NTT INDYCAR SERIES after having sponsored Kimball’s car at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway last August. Kimball was a guest on The Pittsburgh Racing Now Podcast two weeks ago.
Spencer Pigot To Drive For Rahal Letterman Lanigan with Citrone/Buhl Autosport:
- The new INDYCAR team formed by Steelers minority owner Robert Citrone, his son and the Buhl brothers are teaming up with Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing for their new effort. Spencer Pigot is going to drive the Honda-powered car in the GMR Grand Prix on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course on May 9 and the Indianapolis 500 on May 24. Pigot, 26, earned back-to-back Championships in the INDYCAR ladder series in 2014 (Pro Mazda) and 2015 (Indy Lights). Pigot spent the last two seasons with Ed Carpenter Racing. Read more at: Citrone/Buhl Autosport Teaming-Up With Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.
NTT INDYCAR SERIES Releases New Promotional Campaign:
- The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season opener is just a few weeks away and the series has unveiled a new brand campaign to showcase what it takes to compete. Narrated by Matt Damon and created in partnership with Chicago-based agency Schafer Condon Carter the video focuses on the athletes’ unique skill set and mentality. The video features 5-Time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Scott Dixon, driver of the No. 9 PNC Bank Chip Ganassi Racing Honda, along with 2-Time Series Champion Josef Newgarden, defending Indianapolis 500 winner Simon Pagenaud, 2016 500 winner Alexander Rossi and rising starts Colton Herta and Patricio O’Ward.
James Hinchcliffe To Work For NBC And IndyCar Radio:
- NTT INDYCAR SERIES driver James Hinchcliffe is joining to be doing some broadcast work when he is not behind the wheel of the Genesys Andretti Autosport Honda. Hinchcliffe announced today plans to work for NBC TV and INDYCAR radio when he schedule permits. Hinchcliffe is scheduled to run the GMR Grand Prix, the Indianapolis 500 and the Genesys 600 at Texas Motor Speedway in June.
— James Hinchcliffe (@Hinchtown) February 27, 2020
Jimmie Johnson Teaming Up With Kurt Busch For Vet Tix Campaign:
- Seven-time NASCAR Champion Jimmie Johnson and the Jimmie Johnson Foundation are teaming up with Monster Energy Chip Ganassi Racing driver Kurt Busch for his season-long effort to get Veterans and Military Families to this weekend’s race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California. Busch talked about the Vet Tix program when he was a guest on the Daytona 500 Edition of the Pittsburgh Racing Now Podcast and also said there is a link where fans and corporations can make donations to help too.
Anyone interested in making a donation of their own can use this link. Thanks everyone! https://t.co/ZSD9XhoW2x
— Kurt Busch (@KurtBusch) February 27, 2020
Chip Ganassi Racing unveils Alex Palou’s No. 10 DHL Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing unveiled the livery for two-time and reigning NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Alex Palou’s DHL Honda on Tuesday. DHL signed on as the primary sponsor this off-season in a multi-year partnership with the team.
The No. 10 car will carry the familiar yellow of DHL’s branding but adds a splash of red that has been synonymous with the Ganassi team for decades.
“As everybody can see, this is quite the amazing livery,” said Palou. “The No. 10 DHL Honda looks very aggressive, and it will certainly stand out on the track, which is great. I can’t wait to start the season with a run in this livery at Sebring before we kick things off in St. Pete. It’s looking like the perfect livery to try to defend our title in 2024 and I cannot wait to deliver on-track here soon.”
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding takes place March 8-10 on the streets of St. Pete.
DHL joining Chip Ganassi Racing as primary sponsor for No. 10 Honda and Alex Palou
INDIANAPOLIS, IN and PLANTATION, FL (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing and DHL Express are teaming up in a new multi-year partnership that will see DHL become the official logistics partner of the 15-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champions and the primary sponsor of two-time and reigning Series Champion Alex Palou and the No. 10 Honda team.
“I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. Together, we are committed to embodying those values both on and off the racetrack. I am looking forward to Alex and the No. 10 team defending their 2023 title with DHL on board. The road ahead holds great promise and potential, and I can’t wait to get started.”
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry and one of the most international companies, with about 395,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing, an organization that has a rich history of success, deeply rooted in principles shared by DHL, such as a commitment to supporting the communities we call home, and the relentless pursuit of excellence by investing in our people who embody speed, passion, and dedication,” said Mike Parra, CEO of DHL Express Americas and Head of Global Sponsorships. “As we sponsor this winning motorsports team with Alex Palou behind the wheel, we look forward to many winning moments both on and off the track in the months and years to come.”
“It’s super exciting to announce our new partnership with DHL, a global leader in logistics. Representing such a successful and widely recognized brand is a true honor,” said Palou. “Their iconic yellow and red colors not only stand out, but they also remind me of my native Spain’s colors. As our team looks back at our remarkable success last year, we are eager to carry that momentum forward and aim for a third title with the support of DHL. I am especially thrilled to hit the ground running alongside the dedicated men and women of our 10-car crew in 2024.”
Racing Notebook: DHL partners with Ganassi; Hunt Bros partners with Penske and more
(Pittsburgh, PA) – 2024 partnership programs a coming together as two of the biggest names in racing, Ganassi and Penske, each announce new deals plus PPMS announces their plans for the new year and Henessey Performance packs some punch for GM fans in today’s Racing Notebook.
DHL Partners with Ganassi and Palou
- DHL and Chip Ganassi Racing are teaming up for a new partnership. DHL becomes the primary sponsor of the No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda and two-time NTT IndyCar Champion Alex Palou. DHL express also becomes the Official Logistics Partner of the 15-time Championship team. “I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence.”
Hunt Brothers Pizza Partners with Penske, Logano, Blaney
- Team Penske and Hunt Brothers Pizza are teaming up in multi-year deal that will feature the convenience store pizza brand on the No. 22 Team Penske Ford Mustang driven by two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Joey Logano for select races beginning in 2024. Hunt Brothers Pizza will also be an associate sponsor on defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 Ford Mustang for the 2024 season.
PPMS Announces 2024 Schedule
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is planning a 29-race schedule for 2024 with an opening day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend. The highlight of the schedule is the expansion of the Pittsburgher weekend to a 2-day event for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series battling for almost $200,000!