PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Thursday’s Racing Notebook recaps the NASCAR Cup Series Bluegreen Vacations Duels at Daytona, The DIRTcar Nationals continue in Florida and Alexander Rossi’s No. 27 Andretti Autosport will have a couple of different looks this season plus much more.
Joey Logano Wins Bluegreen Vacations Duel #1:
- Team Penske’s Joey Logano took home the checkered flag in the Bluegreen Vacations Duel 1 at Daytona International Speedway. The win means Logano will start third in Sunday’s Daytona 500 behind pole sitter Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Aric Almirola of Stewart Haas Racing finished second follow by Roush Fenway Racings Ryan Newman in third.
William Byron Wins Bluegreen Vacations Duel #2:
- Hendrick Motorsports William Byron picked up the victory in the Bluegreen Vacations Duel 2 at Daytona International Speedway. The win means Byron will start fourth in Sunday’s Daytona 500 behind teammate Alex Bowman, who will start on the outside of the front row. Hendrick’s Jimmie Johnson finished second followed by Chip Ganassi Racing’s Kyle Larson in third. Larson’s teammate Kurt Busch finished 8th.
Wright and Owens Take Wins At DIRTcar Nationals:
- Larry Wright picked up the Modified win Thursday night at the DIRTcar Nationals at Volusia Speedway Park. Stewart Friesen finished second and Erick Rudolph finished third.
- Jimmy Owens was victorious in the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Models DIRTcar Nationals feature at Volusia Speedway Park. The win was Owens 16th career victory. Dale McDowell finished second and Josh Richards finished third.
Two Looks For Alexander Rossi’s INDYCAR in 2020:
- Andretti Autosports Alexander Rossi will be sporting two different looks during the 2020 NTT INDYCAR SERIES. Rossi’s familiar Blue & Yellow NAPA Auto Parts will grace the No. 27 Honda for races at Barber Motorsports Park, Long Beach, the Indy 500, Texas Motor Speedway and Toronto. NAPA will then finish the season in Mid-Ohio, St. Louis, Portland and Laguna Seca. AutoNation will kick off the season as Rossi’s primary sponsor on the Streets of St. Pete, at Circuit of The Americas (COTA) for the AutoNation INDYCAR Challenge, the Grand Prix of Indy, the Streets of Detroit, Road America, Richmond and Iowa. Launched in 2015, AutoNation’s Drive Pink initiative, which has raised over $22 million, is committed to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.