PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Monday’s racing notebook is loaded with news from the NTT INDYCAR SERIES as well as NASCAR and the World of Outlaws.
Ed Carpenter Racing Unveils Conor Daly’s Air Force Chevrolet:
- Ed Carpenter Racing and the U.S. Air Force debuted the livery for Conor Daly’s No. 20 U.S. Air Force Chevrolet. The initial inspiration for livery is rooted in the steep history of 5th Air Force, headquartered at Yokota Air Base, Japan. 5th Air Force is the U.S. Air Force’s oldest continuously serving Numbered Air Force, providing more than 75 years of continuous air power to the Pacific. Today, 15,000 Airmen and Air Force civilians are assigned to 5th Air Force and its three main bases. Daly’s No. 20 U.S. Air Force Chevrolet continues to feature the iconic Tiger Shark teeth war paint often carried into battle by the A-10 Thunderbolt and the P-40 Warhawk. Each location where the bodywork of Daly’s NTT INDYCAR SERIES car comes together is marked with rivet detailing, a tribute to the P-51 Mustang of the 39th Fighter Squadron, 35th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force. The lightning bolt featured on the rear wing end fence is a nod to the Air Force Academy.
Andretti Autosport To Continue #CheckIt4Andretti Campaign:
- Michael Andretti’s team plans to continue the #CheckIt4Andretti campaign for colon screenings started by his late cousin John Andretti. All Andretti Autosport cars and uniforms will carry the hashtag. In May 2017, John Andretti went public with his fight against colon cancer by launching the #CheckIt4Andretti campaign to spread messaging on the importance of colon cancer screenings. The hashtag and John’s message were carried far and wide by the racing community with attention from INDYCAR, NASCAR, NHRA and sprint car communities.
Axalta Extends Hendrick Motorsports Sponsorship:
- Axalta is extending their sponsorship of Hendrick Motorsports (HMS) in the NASCAR Cup Series. Axalta and HMS have agreed to a five-year contract extension that will take the partnership through 2027. Axalta will be a primary sponsor of the No. 24 team with driver William Byron for 14 Cup Series races each year beginning in 2021. Byron is coming off a sophomore season that saw him produce personal bests in nearly every statistical category and earn his first Cup playoff berth.
Pocono Raceway Camping Continuing Hot Sales Plus Early Entry:
- Pocono Raceway is continuing to see brisk sales for campsites. Pocono on Monday announced that campsites for the 2020 NASCAR Doubleheader Week will be open for six days, starting on Wednesday, June 24. Pocono also announced that only 125-reserved campsites, including spots in the new Turn 1 camping area, remain available for purchase. Fans interested in camping should call 1-800-722-3929 or visit www.poconoraceway.com for more detail and additional information.
World of Outlaws Late Models Returning To Wisconsin:
- The World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series is returning to Gondik Law Speedway (formerly known as Amsoil Speedway) on Tuesday, July 14, marking the first time since 2013 the Series is racing at the northwestern Wisconsin venue. This wide, sweeping 3/8-mile, home to many WISSOTA Late Model regulars, is sure provide some great racing action as the tour begins the first leg of its Upper Midwest tour.
Shell Racing U.S. Honors Helio With Video:
- Shell Racing U.S. took to their social media accounts to honor 3-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves’ quest for a record-tying fourth win at Gasoline Alley:
It's officially 104 days out of the 104th running of the #Indianapolis500 @IMS, and we want to honor @h3lio Castroneves' 20th go at the #Indy500 this May with a very special video. pic.twitter.com/PC10vEge7a
— Shell Racing US (@shellracingus) February 10, 2020
Chip Ganassi Racing unveils Alex Palou’s No. 10 DHL Honda
INDIANAPOLIS, IN (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing unveiled the livery for two-time and reigning NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champion Alex Palou’s DHL Honda on Tuesday. DHL signed on as the primary sponsor this off-season in a multi-year partnership with the team.
The No. 10 car will carry the familiar yellow of DHL’s branding but adds a splash of red that has been synonymous with the Ganassi team for decades.
“As everybody can see, this is quite the amazing livery,” said Palou. “The No. 10 DHL Honda looks very aggressive, and it will certainly stand out on the track, which is great. I can’t wait to start the season with a run in this livery at Sebring before we kick things off in St. Pete. It’s looking like the perfect livery to try to defend our title in 2024 and I cannot wait to deliver on-track here soon.”
The NTT INDYCAR SERIES season-opening Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg presented by RP Funding takes place March 8-10 on the streets of St. Pete.
DHL joining Chip Ganassi Racing as primary sponsor for No. 10 Honda and Alex Palou
INDIANAPOLIS, IN and PLANTATION, FL (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Chip Ganassi Racing and DHL Express are teaming up in a new multi-year partnership that will see DHL become the official logistics partner of the 15-time NTT INDYCAR SERIES Champions and the primary sponsor of two-time and reigning Series Champion Alex Palou and the No. 10 Honda team.
“I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. Together, we are committed to embodying those values both on and off the racetrack. I am looking forward to Alex and the No. 10 team defending their 2023 title with DHL on board. The road ahead holds great promise and potential, and I can’t wait to get started.”
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry and one of the most international companies, with about 395,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
“We’re thrilled to partner with Chip Ganassi Racing, an organization that has a rich history of success, deeply rooted in principles shared by DHL, such as a commitment to supporting the communities we call home, and the relentless pursuit of excellence by investing in our people who embody speed, passion, and dedication,” said Mike Parra, CEO of DHL Express Americas and Head of Global Sponsorships. “As we sponsor this winning motorsports team with Alex Palou behind the wheel, we look forward to many winning moments both on and off the track in the months and years to come.”
“It’s super exciting to announce our new partnership with DHL, a global leader in logistics. Representing such a successful and widely recognized brand is a true honor,” said Palou. “Their iconic yellow and red colors not only stand out, but they also remind me of my native Spain’s colors. As our team looks back at our remarkable success last year, we are eager to carry that momentum forward and aim for a third title with the support of DHL. I am especially thrilled to hit the ground running alongside the dedicated men and women of our 10-car crew in 2024.”
Racing Notebook: DHL partners with Ganassi; Hunt Bros partners with Penske and more
(Pittsburgh, PA) – 2024 partnership programs a coming together as two of the biggest names in racing, Ganassi and Penske, each announce new deals plus PPMS announces their plans for the new year and Henessey Performance packs some punch for GM fans in today’s Racing Notebook.
DHL Partners with Ganassi and Palou
- DHL and Chip Ganassi Racing are teaming up for a new partnership. DHL becomes the primary sponsor of the No. 10 Chip Ganassi Racing Honda and two-time NTT IndyCar Champion Alex Palou. DHL express also becomes the Official Logistics Partner of the 15-time Championship team. “I am extremely proud to welcome DHL to the Chip Ganassi Racing family,” said Chip Ganassi. “It is an honor to partner with an organization that shares our fundamental values of teamwork, growth, responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence.”
Hunt Brothers Pizza Partners with Penske, Logano, Blaney
- Team Penske and Hunt Brothers Pizza are teaming up in multi-year deal that will feature the convenience store pizza brand on the No. 22 Team Penske Ford Mustang driven by two-time NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) Champion Joey Logano for select races beginning in 2024. Hunt Brothers Pizza will also be an associate sponsor on defending NASCAR Cup Series Champion Ryan Blaney’s No. 12 Ford Mustang for the 2024 season.
PPMS Announces 2024 Schedule
- Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway is planning a 29-race schedule for 2024 with an opening day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend. The highlight of the schedule is the expansion of the Pittsburgher weekend to a 2-day event for the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series battling for almost $200,000!