PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Monday’s racing notebook is loaded with news from the NTT INDYCAR SERIES as well as NASCAR and the World of Outlaws.
Ed Carpenter Racing Unveils Conor Daly’s Air Force Chevrolet:
- Ed Carpenter Racing and the U.S. Air Force debuted the livery for Conor Daly’s No. 20 U.S. Air Force Chevrolet. The initial inspiration for livery is rooted in the steep history of 5th Air Force, headquartered at Yokota Air Base, Japan. 5th Air Force is the U.S. Air Force’s oldest continuously serving Numbered Air Force, providing more than 75 years of continuous air power to the Pacific. Today, 15,000 Airmen and Air Force civilians are assigned to 5th Air Force and its three main bases. Daly’s No. 20 U.S. Air Force Chevrolet continues to feature the iconic Tiger Shark teeth war paint often carried into battle by the A-10 Thunderbolt and the P-40 Warhawk. Each location where the bodywork of Daly’s NTT INDYCAR SERIES car comes together is marked with rivet detailing, a tribute to the P-51 Mustang of the 39th Fighter Squadron, 35th Fighter Group, 5th Air Force. The lightning bolt featured on the rear wing end fence is a nod to the Air Force Academy.
Andretti Autosport To Continue #CheckIt4Andretti Campaign:
- Michael Andretti’s team plans to continue the #CheckIt4Andretti campaign for colon screenings started by his late cousin John Andretti. All Andretti Autosport cars and uniforms will carry the hashtag. In May 2017, John Andretti went public with his fight against colon cancer by launching the #CheckIt4Andretti campaign to spread messaging on the importance of colon cancer screenings. The hashtag and John’s message were carried far and wide by the racing community with attention from INDYCAR, NASCAR, NHRA and sprint car communities.
Axalta Extends Hendrick Motorsports Sponsorship:
- Axalta is extending their sponsorship of Hendrick Motorsports (HMS) in the NASCAR Cup Series. Axalta and HMS have agreed to a five-year contract extension that will take the partnership through 2027. Axalta will be a primary sponsor of the No. 24 team with driver William Byron for 14 Cup Series races each year beginning in 2021. Byron is coming off a sophomore season that saw him produce personal bests in nearly every statistical category and earn his first Cup playoff berth.
Pocono Raceway Camping Continuing Hot Sales Plus Early Entry:
- Pocono Raceway is continuing to see brisk sales for campsites. Pocono on Monday announced that campsites for the 2020 NASCAR Doubleheader Week will be open for six days, starting on Wednesday, June 24. Pocono also announced that only 125-reserved campsites, including spots in the new Turn 1 camping area, remain available for purchase. Fans interested in camping should call 1-800-722-3929 or visit www.poconoraceway.com for more detail and additional information.
World of Outlaws Late Models Returning To Wisconsin:
- The World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series is returning to Gondik Law Speedway (formerly known as Amsoil Speedway) on Tuesday, July 14, marking the first time since 2013 the Series is racing at the northwestern Wisconsin venue. This wide, sweeping 3/8-mile, home to many WISSOTA Late Model regulars, is sure provide some great racing action as the tour begins the first leg of its Upper Midwest tour.
Shell Racing U.S. Honors Helio With Video:
- Shell Racing U.S. took to their social media accounts to honor 3-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves’ quest for a record-tying fourth win at Gasoline Alley:
It's officially 104 days out of the 104th running of the #Indianapolis500 @IMS, and we want to honor @h3lio Castroneves' 20th go at the #Indy500 this May with a very special video. pic.twitter.com/PC10vEge7a
— Shell Racing US (@shellracingus) February 10, 2020