PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The second big race weekend of 2020 is here as the ARCA (Automobile Racing Club of America) cars hit the track at Daytona International Speedway for practice with all eyes on Hailie Deegan. Arrow McLaren SP unveils their cars for the 2020 NTT IndyCar Series. Max Chilton is returning to the NTT IndyCar Series. Aaron Reutzel captures the checkered flag at Thursday’s DIRTcar Nationals. The RUSH Late Model Series adds a track for 2020 and tons of sponsor news including Tony Stewart Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports and Rudolph Motorsports.
ARCA Cars Hit Track For Two Practice Sessions:
- The ARCA Series took to the high-banks of Daytona International Speedway on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s Lucas Oil 200 Driven by General Tire. Plenty of eyes in the racing world will be on 18-year-old Hailie Deegan, who is moving up to ARCA after driving Late Models. Deegan was the fastest in the first practice, turning a fast lap of 49.027-seconds (183.572 MPH) in the DGR Crosley Ford Mustang. In the Twitter posting below she talks about drafting at Daytona:
“That was crazy.” 🤯
— ARCA Menards Series (@ARCA_Racing) February 7, 2020
Arrow McLaren SP Unveils 2020 IndyCar Livery:
- Arrow McLaren SP unveiled their cars for the 2020 NTT IndyCar Series and drivers Pato O’Ward and Oliver Askew and used their social media platforms to do it:
— Arrow McLaren SP (@ArrowMcLarenSP) February 7, 2020
Max Chilton And Gallagher Returning To Carlin Racing:
- Carlin Racing announced the return of driver Max Chilton and sponsor Gallagher to the Chevy-powered NTT IndyCar Series team. Chilton will be in the cockpit of the No. 59 Gallagher Carlin Chevrolet for the 12 road and street course events in 2020 as well as the 104th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge. Gallagher is a leading global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm.
Aaron Reutzel Grabs All Star Circuit of Champions Win Thursday Night In Florida:
- Aaron Reutzel took home the checkered flag in Thursday nights All-Star Circuit of Champions DIRTcar Nationals win at Volusia Speedway Park. The victory was Reutzel’s 26th of his career and first-ever at Volusia. Defending World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series champion Brad Sweet finished second followed by Ian Madsen, Donny Schatz and James McFadden.
Tony Stewart Racing And Advance Auto Parts Expand Partnership:
- Tony Stewart and Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing (TSR) are pleased to announce that Advance Auto Parts, a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider that serves both professional installers and do-it-yourself customers, will continue its role within TSR in 2020 boosting its position to a primary sponsor. Advance and its family of brands, including Advance Professional, Carquest and TechNet Professional Automotive Service, will be primary partners for TSR during the new year and will be carried by 10-time World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series Champion Donny Schatz, and Tony Stewart Racing team-owner, Tony Stewart.
Air Force Returns To Sponsor Bubba Wallace And Richard Petty Motorsports:
- Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) and the United States Air Force will once again join forces for the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) season. For the 12th consecutive season, the U.S. Air Force Recruiting Service, charged with the mission to inspire, engage and recruit future Airmen, will continue the partnership with the No. 43 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE driven by Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. in the NASCAR Cup Series. The No. 43 Chevy will again display the iconic teeth of the A-10 Warthog for the second consecutive year. The special U.S. Air Force “Warthog” scheme debuted at the Daytona International Speedway in 2019, and was an instant favorite among fans.
NEWS: RPM Continues to Aim High with U.S. Air Force
— Richard Petty Motorsports (@RPMotorsports) February 7, 2020
RUSH Late Models Adds Bradford Speedway to 2020 Schedule:
- The RUSH Lates Model announced that Bradford Speedway is returning to the schedule for 2020:
Excited to announce the addition of Bradford to our 2020 Tour schedule. Bradford will join w/ @OutlawSpeedPR & Genesee making for a 3-night northern swing May 29-31. Bradford's will be a Platinum Event on Sunday, May 31 & the first time since the only Tour race back in 2017! pic.twitter.com/rA7YDWmfvH
— RUSH Late Models (@RUSHLM) February 7, 2020
Rudolph Motorsports Brew House Racing Continues Partnership:
- Rudolph Motorsports Brew House Racing has announced that Around Back Restaurant is returning as a partner for the 2020 season. Around Back Restaurant joins Pittsburgh Board and Brush and the Gibsonia Giant Eagle who are also partnering with the team. Chris Rudolph took to his social media accounts to announce the good news:
We are happy to announce that Around Back Restaurant has returned as a partner for 2020. If your looking for a place for dinner or drinks with friends stop out and see these folks. The food here is awesome !! See the website for menu and location. https://t.co/QO5OfmaD44 pic.twitter.com/HqtVFSVIFq
— Chris Rudolph (@rudyracer25) February 7, 2020