PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – A lot of news this week in IndyCar and NASCAR as well as coming out of Daytona as the cars take to the track in preparation for the Rolex 24-Hours.
- Oliver Jarvis (pictured above) is on the pole positions for this weekend’s Rolex 24 At Daytona after turning a fast lap of 1:33.711-seconds (136.760 mph) in the No. 77 Mazda Team Joest RP-24T Daytona Prototype International (DPi). Juan Pablo Montoya, a 3-time Rolex 24-Hour winner, will start on the outside of the front row in his No. 6 Acura Team Penske ARX-05.
- Ben Keating won the LMP2 pole position after turning a best lap of 1:37.446 (131.519 mph) in the No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports ORECA.
- IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball is joining A.J. Foyt racing and is bring his Novo Nordisk sponsorship with him. Kimball, who drove for Pittsburgh’s Chip Ganassi from 2011 through 2017 and drove a partial schedule last year with Carlin Racing, will be the full-time driver of the No. 4 Chevrolet in 2020. Kimball is scheduled to be a guest on a future episode of the Pittsburgh Racing Now Podcast.
— AJ Foyt Racing (@AJFoytRacing) January 22, 2020
- Penske Racing’s Matt DiBenedetto tested a NASCAR Xfinity car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course. DiBenedetto tested both the IndyCar course and the old F1 course. The IndyCar course adds a right – left- right turn off the south short chute that exits onto the oval at turn 1 before continuing onto the front stretch. The old F1 course bypasses that so cars exit the infield road course near the oval turn 2 and then run clockwise through the south short chute through turn 1 onto the front stretch.
— NASCAR Xfinity (@NASCAR_Xfinity) January 22, 2020
- Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser Sullivan confirms that Santino Ferrucci is returning to the team but in the No. 18 Honda with backing from Sealmaster.
— Vasser Sullivan IndyCar (@vsindycar) January 23, 2020
- Roush Fenway Racing announced that Castrol is joining the team as official oil partner and will be a primary sponsor on Ryan Newman’s No. 6 Ford Mustang for select races in 2020.
— No. 6 Team (@Roush6Team) January 22, 2020
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan racing announced that Factory Motor Parts (FMP) is joining the team as the primary sponsor for Graham Rahal’s No. 15 Honda at World Wide Technology Raceway and as an associate on the car for the 2020 season.
Welcome to the team and also to @IndyCar, FMP! 🏎
— Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (@RLLracing) January 23, 2020
- Rudolph Motorsports Brew House Racing announced a marketing partnership with the Gibsonia Giant Eagle grocery store for the 2020 racing season.
Rudolph Motorsports Brew House Racing Is happy to announce a marketing partnership with the Gibsonia Giant Eagle for the 2020 racing season. We are excited to have them join our race team. pic.twitter.com/Sj7IzRzajj
— Chris Rudolph (@rudyracer25) January 22, 2020
If you have a news release you would like featured on our Racing Notebook please email your press releases to PghRacingNow@gmail.com.