SARVER, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The Championship stretch run begins tonight at Lernerville Speedway as Fab4 Racing returns to The Action Track. Only four races remain for driver’s looking to claim the top spot and grab some hardware for the trophy case.
The tightest battle is in the Diehl Automotive DIRTcar Big Block Modified Division where six drivers are separated by a mere 32-points. Brian Swartzlander, an eight-time track Champion, sits in the top spot, 13-points ahead of Rex King Jr. Right behind is Rex King Sr. who is only two points behind Jr. Garrett Krummert is in fourth sport, 22-points behind Swartzlander and 9-points ahead of Dave Murdick. Jeremiah Shingledecker is right there as well, 2-points behind Murdick and 32-points out of first.
Diehl Automotive Big Block Modified Standings:
- Brian Swartzlander – 288
- Rex King Jr. – 275
- Rex King Sr. – 273
- Garrett Krummert – 266
- Dave Murdick – 257
- Jeremiah Shingledecker – 255
Equally tight is the battle in the Millerstown Pic-A-Part Pro Stocks Division where Corey McPherson holds a seven point lead over Tyler Dietz. Joey Zambotti is in third place 14-points out of the lead and seven points behind Dietz. Ryan Moyer is in fourth place, eight points behind Zambotti and 22-points behind McPherson.
Millerstown Pic-A-Part Pro Stocks Standings:
- Corey McPherson – 289
- Tyler Dietz – 282
- Joey Zambotti – 275
- Ryan Moyer – 267
The Peoples Gas DIRTcar Sprints division has three drivers who have distanced themselves from the rest of the field. AJ Flick (pictured above) sits in the stop spot, 16-points ahead of Jack Sodeman Jr in second place. Carl Bowser can’t be counted out as he trails Sodeman by 6-points and is only 22-points out of the top spot. Sye Lynch sits in fourth followed by Jimmy Morris and Ralph Spithaler. That trio is only separated by 5-points.
Peoples Gas DIRTcar Sprints Standings:
- AJ Flick – 269
- Jack Sodeman Jr. – 253
- Carl Bowser – 247
- Sye Lynch – 197
- Jimmy Morris – 194
- Ralph Spithaler – 192
In the Precise Racing Products Late Model division Ken Schaltenbrand sits atop the standings and has a 28-point lead on second place Jared Miley. Kelvin Kohan has a 1-point lead on Chuck Miller and a three-point lead on Tyler Dietz in fifth place. Colton Flinner is in sixth, 5-points out of fifth and eight points out of third.
Precise Racing Products Late Model Standings:
- Ken Schaltenbrand – 253
- Jared Miley – 225
- Kelvin Kohan – 196
- Mike Miller – 195
- Tyler Dietz – 193
- Colton Flinner – 188
The Lernerville Kids Club will be making Candy Necklaces Friday night so bring the kids, 12 & Under, get in free.
Pits open at 4 p.m. with the grandstands opening at 5 p.m. Racing starts at 7:30 p.m.
Adult general admission is $15, $12 for seniors, $10 for students ages 11-17 and children 10 and under get in for free.
For more information visit www.lernerville.com.
The Pittsburgh Racing Now Podcast – Episode 007
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – This week on The Pittsburgh Racing Now Podcast, we talk with W Series and Indy Pro 2000 Championship Presented by Cooper Tires driver Sabré Cook, who is also an engineer. We also talk with 3-time Lernerville 410-Sprint Car division Champion A.J. Flick. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Racing Notebook – Thursday, March 19: F1 Postpones Monaco; WoO Postpones Races and more
PITTSBURGH, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – Formula One and the World of Outlaws are the latest sanctioning bodies to postpone races because of the coronavirus outbreak. The RUSH Sprint Car Series gets a new points fund sponsor and “Super Tex” taking care of his employees during a difficult time.
Formula One Postpones Monaco Grand Prix:
- Formula One has postponed three additional races because of the coronavirus pandemic including the Monaco Grand Prix. Also postponed were the Dutch and Spanish GP’s. The first seven races of the F1 season have now been postponed. The next race on the calendar is in Azerbaijan on June 7. F1 has moved the mid-season break from August to March and April and has extended the break from 14 to 21 consecutive days. The F1 season is scheduled to end with the Abu Dhabi GP on Nov. 29, but could be extended to fit in some of the postponed races.
World of Outlaws Postpones Races:
- The World of Outlaws has postponed all NOS Energy Sprint Car and Morton Building Late Model races through March. The sanctioning body hopes to reschedule the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series races originally planned for Friday, March 27th at Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap, TN and Saturday, March 28th at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC. The World of Outlaws will continue to monitor developments across our nation and make decisions on future events when appropriate.
A.J. Foyt Racing To Pay Employees During COVID-19 Shutdown:
- A.J. Foyt Racing is continuing to pay their employees despite temporarily shutting down their race shops in Texas and Indianapolis due to the coronavirus outbreak. “Our biggest concern is for the health of our communities and our employees, so we are closing the race shops for the time being,” said Larry Foyt, president of A.J. Foyt Enterprises, Inc. “I want to thank our partners and sponsors for their support and understanding during these extraordinary times. Many people will face some difficult challenges in the coming days. A.J. and I wish everyone the best, and we look forward to going racing again when the time is right.”
The RUSH Sprint Car Series Gets A New Points Fund Sponsor:
- The RUSH Racing Series announced that Equipment Rental Options are stepping up to be the sponsor of the RUSH Sprint Car Series weekly championship points fund, replacing original points fund sponsor Bonnell’s Rod Shop. The RUSH Sprint Car Series opens their 2020 season May 2 at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway. Read our complete story here.
Equipment Rental Options To Sponsor RUSH Sprint Car Weekly Championship Point Fund
PULASKI, PA (Pittsburgh Racing Now) – The RUSH Racing Series has announced the Equipment Rental Options has signed on to be the presenting sponsor of the Weekly Championship Points Fund for the RUSH Sprint Car Series.
The 2020 Equipment Rental Options Weekly Series Championship will feature 30 RUSH Sprint Car events concluding with the “Steel City Stampede” at Lernerville Speedway on October 17.
Equipment Rental Options is co-owned by current RUSH Sprint Car racer, Arnie Kent. Kent, who got his start in Micro Sprints before moving up the Sprint Car ladder, won the division’s first ever race in 2018 at Lernerville.
“We’re very thankful Arnie has stepped up with his Equipment Rental Options so we can maintain the lucrative point fund,” said Vicki Emig, RUSH Racing Series Director. “Arnie has been a longtime friend of both Mike (Leone, RUSH Director) and myself as well as many of our racers, and we’re really looking forward to being able to promote his growing business!”
Equipment Rental Options currently has two locations in western Pennsylvania; one in Hermitage and another in New Castle; Equipment Rental Options will be moving into a larger facility at 3587 Clover Lane just off Wilmington Road (Route 18) in New Castle this summer.
Bonnell’s Rod Shop had been the presenting sponsor of the Weekly Series Championship during the first two years of the division’s inception. In fact, their sponsorship allowed the point fund to grow to more than $20,000 after the program was originally announced back in 2017.
“We have to thank Scott Bonnell for his unwavering support of the RUSH Sprint Cars,” said Emig. “Scott was behind the concept from day one, had a car in the Series, and offered financial support to grow the point fund without us even approaching him. We know he will remain a strong proponent of the Series.”
The RUSH Sprint Car Series Season Opener is scheduled for May 2 at Pittsburgh’s Pennsylvania Motor Speedway.